If you’re a city dweller, then you understand how it can feel impossible to have a garden or any greenery when you have little or no outdoor space. We are here to tell you you can have a garden, it just takes a little creativity and we’re sure one of these clever ideas will prove our point!
- 1. Vertical Garden
- Turn a pallet on it’s side and you just made yourself a vertical garden! You can also stack more traditional terra cotta pots to make sure of that vertical space.
- 2. Terrariums
- Succulents are small and relatively easy to care for. Plant small terrariums for smaller spaces or larger ones if you have a bit more space.
- 3. Hang herbs over sink or by windows
- 4. Hang plants from the ceiling
- This is such a great space saver and you’ll love having fresh herbs over always using the dried versions! Another great idea would be to attach mason jars to a wooden board and hanging that wherever you have some free wall space.
- There are all sorts of hanging ceiling planters, whether you’re looking at a more traditional hanger, a macrame hanger, or making one yourself! If you’re not seeing the theme, using vertical space is huge when you have minimal space to work with!
- 5. Try a zen garden
- While you may not get any fresh herbs, veggies or flowers out of a zen garden, it is always a fun option, and one that doesn’t require you to have a green thumb!
For more great city gardening ideas, check out this video from Simple Home Art Decor Ideas.